The US Government provides families access to federal student loans. ALL 从联邦直接贷款计划借款的学生需要签署一份 Master Promissory Note (MPN) and complete online Entrance Counseling to accept their Direct Loan. 在这些项目完成之前，联邦贷款资金不会计入新黄金城集团官网法案.
Once a student is no longer enrolled they are also required to complete Exit Counseling，审查他们的贷款使用情况和偿还贷款的责任.
A SUBSIDIZED Federal Direct loan is awarded on the basis of financial need. Interest will begin accruing at the end of your grace period. Your grace period is 6 months after you graduate, withdraw from school, or are no longer enrolled at least half-time.
An UNSUBSIDIZED Federal Direct loan is a non-need based loan. 您将被收取利息的时间，从贷款是支付，直到它是全额支付. If you allow the interest to accrue (accumulate) while you’re in school, or during other periods of non-payment, it will be capitalized. 这意味着在还款时，利息会加到你的贷款本金上.
所有联邦直接补贴或非补贴贷款都要收取费用. For information on current interest rates and fees, please visit studentaid.gov.
Please note the following eligibility requirements must be met in order to be awarded Federal Direct Loans:
(1) Students must be matriculated (enrolled in a degree-seeking program) and enrolled at least half-time (6 credits or more per semester).
(2) Students cannot be in default on any Federal Loans.
(3) Federal Direct annual and aggregate loan limits apply.
- Dependent undergraduate students are eligible for up to $31,000 (no more than $23,000 of which may be subsidized).
- Independent undergraduate students and dependent students whose parents are ineligible for a Federal PLUS Loan are eligible for up to $57,500 (no more than $23,000 of which may be subsidized).
- 研究生的最高贷款总额限额为$138,500. 研究生的债务限额还包括本科学习获得的联邦学生贷款.
(4) Students are awarded yearly federal loan limits based upon number of credits earned as outlined below:
Number of Credits
Annual Eligibility Subsidized/Unsubsidized
0 – 29
30 – 59
- 对于PLUS贷款的申请金额，会有一笔申请费, this impacts the actual amount paid on the student’s bill. Fees and rates are fixed for an individual loan, however, they can change each academic year based on federal mandate. 有关PLUS贷款最新的起始费用和利率，请访问 studentaid.gov.
- Only a parent can apply for a PLUS loan.
- 父母被定义为学生的生母或养母或父亲, regardless of whether they are the “custodial” parent on the FAFSA.
- A step-parent is eligible to borrow a PLUS loan IF he or she is reported on the FAFSA along with the custodial parent.
- More than one parent can apply for a PLUS loan for a dependent student as long as the total financial aid package does not exceed the Cost of Attendance.
- The maximum amount that a parent can borrow in the PLUS loan is the Cost of Attendance minus any financial aid received by the student.
- If your student intends to either reduce or decline the Federal Work Study award to increase the parent’s eligibility for the Federal Direct PLUS Loan, please submit a request at least a day prior to applying for the loan.
For non-degree graduate students (any term), Continuing Education undergraduate students, 以及参加早春或夏季学期的本科入学学生, payment for classes is due at the time of registration. We strongly recommend that you apply early for your loan to ensure that it’s in place by the billing or registration due dates.
Please note: 新黄金城集团官网 does not enter into Consortium Agreements with other institutions for purposes of accessing federal financial aid programs
Although the lending institution of choice is completely up to you, 新黄金城集团官网强烈建议您在做出决定时考虑以下因素:
- Continuing Education loans are private loans through a lending institution and not part of federally funded programs.
- Continuing Education loans are more expensive than federal student loans and should only be used when all other options have been exhausted.
- 继续教育贷款是在学生的名字，并可能需要一个联合签署人. Once a complete application has been received, 贷款人将进行信用检查，并告知你的申请是否被批准.
Sallie Mae Smart Option Loan
http://www.salliemae.com or 877-279-7172
http://edvestinu.com/private.asp or 1-603-227-5423
The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is the U.S. Department of Education’s central database for Federal student aid. NSLDS receives data from schools, guaranty agencies, the Direct Loan program, and other Department of Education programs and provides a centralized, integrated view of all Title IV loans and grants. 您可以访问当前和之前的所有联邦拨款和贷款信息 NSLDS website. Parents may access NSLDS for information on the Federal Direct PLUS loans.
Please note: Information on a pending loan will not be available until approximately 2 weeks after the loan has disbursed to the school.
There are currently several different servicing agencies that your Federal loans may be serviced through. To verify who is currently servicing your loans, please visit nslds.ed.gov and choose “Financial Aid Review.” Log in using he same FSA ID that was used on your FAFSA. 点击“贷款”下第一栏的数字，查看有关贷款的详细信息.
如果你有多于一笔贷款，你必须点击与每笔贷款相关联的每个数字. This will show the loan, the school you received the loan through, the disbursement amounts and dates, and it will also display the servicer agency information. Sometimes a loan can be transferred to a different servicer. Therefore, 您将需要查看列出的“当前服务机构”，以了解谁目前正在为您的贷款提供服务. For any repayment inquiries regarding your loan, please contact the number listed under your current servicer.